Before General Anesthesia/Sedation
Please read the following instructions before receiving General Anesthesia or Sedation from David C. Hall, DDS, Marc H. Bienstock, DDS, MD, Samantha B. Jones, DDS, MD or Jonathan Wechter, DDS.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment.
- You may be instructed to take certain medications with a small sip of water prior to your surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and closed toe shoes (no sandals or high heels).
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office ahead of time.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with David C. Hall, DDS, Marc H. Bienstock, DDS, MD, Samantha B. Jones, DDS, MD or Jonathan Wechter, DDS prior to your surgical date for instructions.